SmackDown is one of WWE’s two flagship shows, the other being Raw. WWE SmackDown referred to as Friday Night SmackDown or simply SmackDown is a professional wrestling television program. It was started on April 29, 1999.
The name of the show refers to the SmackDown brand. Initially, WWE employees are assigned to work and perform with the brand. SmackDown show currently broadcasts live on Friday nights on the Fox network. The broadcasting began on October 4, 2019, filling the entirety of the network’s Friday night schedule. Fox Deportes broadcasts the program simultaneously with Spanish language commentary.
SmackDown origin and dates
on April 29, 1999, SmackDown! series made its debut in the United States on UPN. It was formerly broadcasted on Thursday nights. Later, the show moved to Friday nights on September 9, 2005.
After the merger of UPN and the WB, it’s airing on The CW began on September 2006. In October 2008, the show later moved to MyNetworkTV. On October 1, 2010, Smackdown moved to cable network Syfy.
On 15 January 2015, eventually, it returned to Thursdays. It was then broadcasted on USA Network on January 7, 2016. Later in the same year, by July 19, 2016, The show began broadcasting live on Tuesday nights.
On October 4, 2019, SmackDown moved to Fox, and that announced the show’s return to Friday nights.
The SmackDown show celebrated its 15th anniversary on October 10, 2014, and October 16, 2018, marked its 1000th episode.
Broadcasting countries data
SmackDown show has been broadcast from 163 arenas located within 148 cities and towns scattered across seven countries (the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Iraq in 2003 and 2004, Japan in 2005, Italy in 2007, and Mexico in 2011).
The show currently follows the live format. The recorded episodes are premiered a few hours prior to Ireland and the United Kingdom. Due to time differences, the show is broadcasted a day earlier in Australia, Canada, Singapore, and the Philippines, before the United States.
Latest results of SmackDown
Friday Night SmackDown 2020 was as welcoming as it was in 2019.
Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan as partners were to battle King Corbin and Dolph Ziggler.
A huge Triple Threat tag team match is fought between Bayley and Sasha Banks promised to defeat Lacey Evans and Dana Brooke once again. But the change in the scenario was another contender on the floor, Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross.
Rules of SmackDown
The Contest began on Monday, February 4, 2019, and ended on Wednesday, February 20, 2019. To participate in the Contest the rules were as follows:-
1) The contestant has to submit a photo in their “best wrestling outfit” (“Photo”) on Monday, February 4, 2019, at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ended on Wednesday, February 20, 2019, at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Online Entry Period”).
3) Only one entry per eligible person during the Online Entry Period was allowed irrespective if the entrant had more than one email address.
4) Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address.
5) Entries submitted may not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the Contest administrator.
6) Each Photo submitted may feature only the entrant and must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials that may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by any laws, or materials that may otherwise infringe on the rights of a third party.
7) The Photo may not invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks. 8) The Station had all the right to disqualify any entrant if it determines that the Photo contains copyrighted material or material that infringes on the rights of another; indecent or otherwise offensive material such as violence or drug abuse; or if such Photo contains material that is deemed to be unsuitable for a public audience.
9) The Station’s determinations with respect to all such matters shall be made in its sole discretion and shall be final.
10) There would be only one winner chosen at the end of the contest.
Results and grades of SmackDown match as on 3rd January
1) Sasha Banks and Bayley vs. Lacey Evans and Dana Brooke vs. Alexa Bliss and Cross
The result -Brooke, and Evans defeated Banks and Bayley and Bliss and Cross by pinfall.
Their Grade – B
2) Shorty G vs. Dash Wilder (w/ Scott Dawson)
The result – Shorty defeated Wilder by submission.
His grade – B-
3) Kofi Kingston (w/ Big E) vs. The Miz
The result – Kingston defeated Miz by pinfall
His Grade – c+
4) Otis (w/ Tucker) vs. Drew Gulak
The result- Otis defeated Gulak by pinfall.
His Grade – C+
5) Braun Strowman vs. Cesaro (w/ Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura)
The result – Strowman def. Cesaro by pinfall.
Grade – B+
6) Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan vs. King Corbin and Dolph Ziggler
Result – Bryan, and Reigns defeated Corbin and Ziggler by disqualification.
Grade – A-
The tag team match of Bryan and Wyatt as one of the best tag teams in WWE is back. Reigns and Corbin are full of strength in this war for SmackDown.
WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
SmackDown professional wrestling world tag team championship was created and promoted by the American promotion WWE, defended on their SmackDown brand. This is one of three male tag team championships among WWE’s three main brands: other being WWE Raw Tag Team Championship on Raw and the NXT Tag Team Championship on NXT.
The current champions are The New Day’s Big E and Kofi Kingston, in their fourth reign as a team. This also marks the record fifth reign for The New Day as a stable ( Big E, Kingston, and Xavier Woods have previously been rated as champion under the Freebird Rule). As an individual, it is the fourth reign for Kingston and records fifth for Big E.
(image source google search)