Antyodaya Anna Yojana 2020 which was being launched on the 10th of April,2020. This scheme is being launched by The Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution. The department name of this Yojana is The Department of Food and Public Distribution. The main aim of this scheme is to provide food to poor people. As they are unable to feed themselves and their family to. As we know that people have faced a lot during the pandemic situation of Covid-19, at the time of lockdown the poor people have faced regarding food. The Government wants to help the poor family by feeding them food. So the main benefit of this scheme is to provide food grains to BPL families & all eligible disabled persons. And also to provide food grains at a very low cost. A unique quota card will be provided to the family of the applicant selected for the Antyodaya family to get Antyodaya Ration Card recognition.
Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) 2020, The scheme objective of this Yojana is to reduce hunger amongst the poor people of the BPL segment. The official website of this scheme is dfpd.gov.in. Under this scheme the identification of the poorest of the poor family from the number of BPL families, which comes under TDPS( Targeted Distribution Public System) to provide them food grain at a very low cost as compared to others. The Central Government has launched many of the schemes to help the poor, amongst them one of is for rationing at lower and cheaper rates.
This scheme in order to make TPDS more focused and also to target the population of India, this scheme was launched in December 2000. This scheme was basically launched to help the poor. Under this scheme those candidates who will be containing BPL Card will be provided with grains i.e 35 kg wheat and also paddy will be provided at very low cost. To take benefit of this scheme the candidate must be under the poverty line and also should be selected for Antyodaya Anna Yojana and for this the candidate needs to produce the certificate of income issued by the patwari of his area. And the candidate should not also have a prior Rationing Card too.
*Procedure to Apply offline for Antyodaya Anna Yojana:-
If a candidate wants to take benefit of this scheme by applying it through online mode, then follow the following procedure:-
• The candidate firstly, need to visit the Panchayat head of the candidate’s area.
• Then over there, the candidate needs to write on the plain paper for the appliance of the Rationing Card.
• Along that the candidate needs to attach the family income also and other documents regarding the rationing card.
• And submit it to the Panchayat, for further notice.
*Procedure to Apply online for Antyodaya Anna Yojana:-
1. Step 1:- Firstly, the candidate needs to visit the official website of Antyodaya Anna Yojana i.e https://nfsa.gov.in/
2. Step 2:- After that on the Homepage, you will be able to see https://ejawaab.aahaar.nic.in/portal/State_Food_Portals “Apply for New Ration Card” . Click on that option.
3. Step 3:- Over there on the screen, you will be able to see State/UT Food Portals page will be displayed on the screen
4. Step 4:- There you need to select your desire state, from whatever state you are applying click on that.
5. Step 5:- After that application form will be applied, you need to fill the application form with all the details correctly.
6. Step 6:- Lastly, click on the submit option. Your form will be completely submitted.
*Important Documents to Apply Online:-
• Aadhar Card
• Residence certificate
• Identity certificate
• Income certificate of the beneficiary issued by the concerned. An affiliate of the applicant to the effect that he has not previously held any ration card.
• Mobile number
*Objectives of Antyodaya Anna Yojana:-
• The main objective of this scheme is to feed the poor with lower prices by providing them grains through Rationing Card.
• To remove hunger from the poorest people through BPL card.
*Benefits of Antyodaya Anna Yojana:-
• At the first the government decided to provide 25 kg of grains per family and that too per month, but later on it was increased to 35kg per family per month from 1st April 2020.
• Under this AAY, one crore poor family is being identified, and the number of a family falling in TDPS list within the state, and they are paid Rs 2. / – are providing food grains at a very discounted rate of Rs. Per kg.
• Under this scheme, the State Government will also provide additional free 5 kg grains per person under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana PMGKAY and Self-Reliant India Package to the PwDs.
*Eligibility Criteria for Antyodaya Anna Yojana:-
• The applicant applying for this scheme should be a citizen of India.
• The citizen should come under the poverty line.
• The applicant should be selected for Antyodaya Anna Yojana by the designated authorities.
• The person working on daily wages in the rural and urban area both and also landless agriculture labor, marginal farmer, etc are being eligible for this scheme.
• To take advantage of this Scheme, the candidate should contain a Ration Card.
• It is also applicable to the widow, terminally-ill person, and also disable person too.
• All the primitive tribal household.