Kanya Sumangala Yojana 2020 is for poor families’ daughters. The scheme includes giving financial assistance to daughters from their birth till graduation. The total amount is 15,000 rupees which will be given in different phases. The government has set a budget of 1200 crore of rupees for the scheme. The scheme is launched by Uttar Pradesh Government for daughters of economically weak families. The objective is that a family does not consider a daughter as a burden on them, instead think about her bright future. The Health and education of girls is also associated with this scheme.
Under the scheme, the government bears expenses for the education of a daughter belonging to a poor family. This includes Rs.2000 at the time of birth, Rs.1000 at the time of completion of one year of vaccination, Rs 2000 at the time of admission in school in the 1st class, and so on till acquiring a degree in graduation or diploma course. There are various conditions under the scheme which are discussed below-
The annual income of the family should be a maximum of 3 lakhs or less than that.
Two girls of the family will get the benefit of the scheme.
If a family has twin daughters, then they will also get the benefit of the scheme.
The applicant should be the permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh.
Official Website URL – https://mksy.up.gov.in/
HOW TO APPLY? (KANYA SUMANGALA YOJANA 2020)
1. First, apply online on the official website of the government.
2. Then, give important information like Aadhaar card number, Ration card, income certificate, and bank account, mobile number.
3. Fill the form and click on the submit option.
OBJECTIVES (KANYA SUMANGALA YOJANA 2020)
• To bring improvement in the health and education of the state.
• To provide financial help to poor families having daughters.
• To change the negative mindset of the people towards the girl child.
• To develop a positive mindset among the people of society about the birth of a girl child.
• To eradicate all the barriers related to safety, protection, health, and education of a girl child in the state.
• To stop early marriages of daughters.
• To eliminate female feticide.
The scheme was implemented in Uttar Pradesh Government in the year 2019 with its different six stages. The application of the scheme is available MSKY online portal.
STAGES FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SCHEME
Various stages are discussed below for the implementation of a scheme-:
In this stage, a girl child born on the 1st of April 2019 is provided with a number of rs.2000/- and application must be submitted within the six months of the birth. The amount will be paid one time only.
In this stage, a girl child who has received full vaccination is provided with the amount of rs.1000/- one time only. The age must be less than 2 years.
The girl who has been enrolled in class 1 is provided with the number of rs. 2000/- and age of the girl should be 3 or more.
The girl child must be age 7 or more and enrolled in class 6th. The application must be submitted within 45 days of admission in school.
In this stage, the girl child who is enrolled in the 9th class will be given the amount of Rs.3000/- and girl age should be 10+, and submission of the application should be within 45 days of admission in the school in the same year.
The girl child who has passed class 10th or 12 the class and has been enrolled in the college for a degree or diploma course of at least 2 years will be provided with the amount of 5000/- one time only.
ONLINE CRITERIA FOR APPLYING (KANYA SUMANGALA YOJANA 2020)
- The applicant must provide a valid mobile number.
- The information filled in the application form should be correct, otherwise, the application will be rejected.
- The duplicate application will not be accepted by the same girl child.
- Financial help will be provided only after checking all the details, information, and discretion of the concerned department.
- Then register the applicant by visiting the official website.
- Log-in and password details will be provided.
- Fill the application form with accurate details.
- Final registration will be done and log-in and password details should be remembered for further process and logins.
- The beneficiary name will be added and id will be generated of 14 digits.
- applying for the application is free of cost.
BENEFITS OF THE SCHEME (KANYA SUMANGALA YOJANA 2020)
Financial help is being provided by the government for education until college.
The girl child will become self-supporting.
It promotes health, education for girls.
The scheme is a boon for women and girls.
The scheme helps to eradicate child marriage.
The scheme also eradicates female feticide.
It helps to empower women and girls through education.
It helps to establish an equal gender ratio.