Mera Pani Meri Virasat Yojana is initiated by the Haryana government due to a shortage of water. The scheme is for farmers who will do farming of those crops which requires less water to grow and farmers will get financial assistance from the government. The scheme is known as Mera Pani Meri Virasat Yojana. The scheme encourages farmers to grow crops that require less water in growing and sowing it. The scheme is started by Haryana’s Chief Minister Mr. Manohar Lal Khattar.
The scheme is basically to conserve water and to check upon the decrease in the water level. Due to the rapid decrease in the level of water, this scheme is initiated by the Haryana government. The farmers who will grow crops that require less water will be awarded 7 thousand rupees by the government. The chief minister of Haryana also stated that the government will be building over 1000 bore wells to recharge the ground level of water.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHEME (MERA PANI MERI VIRASAT YOJANA)
1) To solve the problem of decreasing the water level of the Haryana state for future generations.
2) To reduce the areas in Haryana which require more water for growing crops.
3) To introduce and encourage new techniques of production.
4) To encourage farmers to opt for crops that require less water like maize, bajra, cotton, etc.
5) It also aims to improve the conditions of farmers
6) It also encourages to save water.
7) Scheme also helps to improve the level of groundwater.
Under this scheme, farmers have to choose alternative crops to grow like wheat, maize, oilseed, cotton, etc then government will help the farmers in financial terms. The government is putting constant efforts to work for the welfare, growth, and prosperity of the farmers in Haryana.
Also, read – Bihar New ration card list 2020: Apply online
FEATURES OF THE SCHEME (MERA PANI MERI VIRASAT YOJANA)
Under the scheme, farmers have to grow alternative crops that require less water.
Farmers are provided with some amount of money as a financial help by the government of Haryana.
Farmers who will register under this scheme, will not have to pay a premium which is to be paid under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana will be paid by the state government.
Farmers who will choose horticulture will entitle themselves to get a grant of 30,000 per acre of their land.
The scheme also aims to have at least 1 lakh acre of land under sowing, growing alternative crops.
The government will also provide an 80% subsidy to farmers who will opt for a micro-irrigation system, thus saving water.
Official website – http://22.214.171.124/FarmerRegistration.aspx
BENEFITS OF THE SCHEME (MERA PANI MERI VIRASAT YOJANA)
• It is implemented before the paddy season starts.
• The water will be saved as each drop of water is important for all.
• Financial help will be given to farmers who will opt for growing alternative crops.
• This scheme helps farmers to overcome the problem of labor shortage
• The scheme enables to preserve the groundwater level for future generations.
• The scheme enables to provide farmers with more profitable options for growing crops.
• Enables to restore groundwater table.
• It enables to save the important natural resource of the country i.e. water.
According to the scheme, paddy cultivation is being banned in some areas like Siwan, Shahabad, Pipli, etc. It reduces the wastage of water. The benefits of the scheme can be availed by all the farmers of Haryana. Necessary equipment, machinery will be provided to farmers.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE SCHEME? (MERA PANI MERI VIRASAT YOJANA)
- First, visit the official website of the department of agriculture and farmers’ welfare of Haryana.
- Then, click on the new notification option on the website, and the page for registration will open.
- Enter your details like Aadhaar number, farm details, total land holdings, etc.
- Then, submit the details and there will be a successful registration.
- Then, log in and fill the personal and account details
- Click on submit option
- After the verification, incentive benefit will be received in the account of the farmer.
ELIGIBILITY FOR REGISTRATION OF THE SCHEME
To be resident of the Haryana state only.
Farmer should be growing only money crops.
The areas where the groundwater level is low.
Other areas of farmers who grow money crops can also register for this scheme.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR THIS SCHEME
Passport Size Photograph.
Under the scheme, 19 blocks are covered in which the groundwater level is more than 40 meters. Financial help provided to farmers who change from paddy cultivation to alternative of growing crops which requires less water. Any crop can be grown under this scheme by the farmers. The scheme is for the overall welfare of the farmers of Haryana so that they do not suffer any loss. Farmers are eligible for applying for any grant. The scheme is also useful as it ensures the availability of water for future generations.