To keep your little one learning at home, PBS KIDS and PBS KIDS for Parents have a suite of services. A curated list of games, software, crafts, hobbies and recipes can be found below.
An educational, fun-filled app that empowers your preschooler to test and solve issues with engineering concepts. Designing robots and roller coasters, constructing robotic towers, and solving problems with an obstacle course! With your kids learn STEM concepts as they experiment with basic tools for engineering.
*Games and Apps from PBS KIDS:
Almost 200 educational games that can be downloaded anytime, anywhere for offline play. Some of our favourites are here:
1. Daniel Tiger For Parents:-
With songs and videos from the hit Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood PBS KIDS collection, the Daniel Tiger for Parents app empowers parents and caregivers.
Is your kid learning how to share? Struggling to try a new meal? Working about what to do with emotions that are mad? For these significant social-emotional skills, Daniel Tiger for Parents has a song and many more little lessons from life!
Crafted with busy parents in mind, the app for caregivers and kids is simple, educational and entertaining. It features over two dozen songs from Daniel Tiger, supporting videos from the neighbourhood of Daniel Tiger, and helpful tips for parents about the essential skills kids need to be ready for school and life.
• More than two dozen of Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood’s most popular songs cover important topics such as emotions, self-control, and responsibility.
• More than 60 video clips to watch and share with your kids, modelling the use of these songs by Daniel Tiger and his family
• Over 90 conversation starters and tips for parents in daily life with realistic ways to use Daniel Tiger songs
• A custom image frame to take pictures, catch the moment and share with friends and family with each song.
• Also available in English and Spanish.
2. Cookie Monster’s Challenge:-
Award Winner of Parents’ Choice – Silver Honor! “* * Ranked “Best of the Best” by Best Educational and Entertainment Value Apps for Kids! *
Cookie Monster’s Challenge presents a series of brain-building games designed to challenge and involve kids (ages 3-5) by learning self-control, attention, memory, following instructions and problem solving, skills that are important for school readiness.
• Each game presents an exciting challenge designed to give children the chance to practise these key skills. Ten mini games.
• 12 Levels-The mini games get more complicated with each level, keeping kids interested and inspir
• One Insane Cookie Making Contraption They win pieces of a giant and hilarious cookie-making machine as kids beat prices. Children will use the computer to decorate and deliver their hungry friend Cookie Monster the cookies they have won.
• Profiles– Up to three distinct profiles can be created by children and parents so that everyone in the family can advance at their own speed through the game.
Also, read- Io games 2020-21: 20 Best free io games online
3. The Cat in the Hat Builds That!
You want an app for science? With a tap, The Cat in the Hat gives you that! In their backyard, children play and learn, to see how science is pleasant, not hard!
“This app introduces pre-k kids to science research and engineering (STEM concepts through games tailored to their learning progress, based on the PBS KIDS series, “The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That.
Together with the Cat in the Hat, Nick and Sally, children can create bridges, explore friction through slides and sort fun things and instruments in fantastic lands.
They win incentives to decorate their treehouse and backyard as children play, and unlock games that encourage them to tinker and explore in their own way.
It involves easy and enjoyable hands-on activities that can be performed together by parents and children, expanding the fun of STEM to home and daily materials.
4. PBS KIDS Scratch Jr:-
Kids will make their own interactive storeys and games with PBS KIDS ScratchJr featuring their favourite characters from Wild Kratts, Nature Cat, WordGirl and Peg + Cat! With this innovative coding app for kids ages 5-8, the storytelling possibilities are limitless.
Children will make characters run, leap, dance and sing by snapping together colourful programming blocks. Children can learn to solve issues, design projects and express themselves creatively on a tablet in the process.
Children don’t just learn to code, they code to learn with PBS KIDS ScratchJr.
Other such games are –
5. Play and Learn Science
6. Scribbles and Ink
7. Guess the Feeling
8. Space Waste Odyssey
10. Explore with Molly
Also, read- Element Games- element games online