The Society Season 2 Netflix YA drama left fans crying out for more after the convincing season finale that finally confirmed what had happened to West Ham‘s teenagers. Yet there are more tears to come as Netflix has already canceled season 2 of The Society.
“Netflix blamed COVID-19 in a statement , saying:” We have made the difficult decision not to go forward with The Society’s second seasons and I Am Not Okay With This. Because of COVID ‘s produced circumstances, we are saddened to have to make these decisions.
A source told The Hollywood Reporter that the “uncertainty” about air dates, “unexpected budget rises” due to the pandemic, and the difficulties of managing a large cast were challenges that proved too big to solve, despite being satisfied with how both shows performed.
The Society, Netflix‘s original teen drama, premiered on the streaming site last year. This Christopher Keyser-designed show was nothing like a typical teen drama series, the viewers continue to enjoy its special and distinct notion. One of the hottest teen mystery drama TV series out there, a series that can potentially affect the entire genre.
It was an instant success among the millennials on 10 May 2019 when the show’s first season premiered on Netflix. It’s been a year since the first season was released, and for season 2, fans are hyped up now. On July 20th, 2019, Netflix officially renewed the show for a second season.
Story:- The Society Season 2
A group of adolescents from a nearby high school are returning from a canceled field trip. They find everyone is gone or mysteriously missing upon their return. The city of West Ham is surrounded by a thick forest, with no means of communication with the outside world. They initially appreciate their independence from the rules of society created by adults. But they finally understand that if an order is not formed, things will fall apart. With their own set of rules to survive, this group of adolescents must learn to run their own culture.
A show powered by characters, this show actually has some fascinating characters to watch closely. Hopefully, we’ll see in the next season, Lexie maturing as a chief, what’s going to happen to the couples.
The show’s cast includes Kathryn Newton as Allie Pressman, Gideon Adlon as Becca Gelb, Sean Berdy as Sam Elio, Olivia DeJonge as Elle Tomkins, Harry Bingham as Alex Fitzalan, Kelly Aldrich as Kristine Froseth, Gordie as Jose Julian, Luke as Alexander MacNicoll, Cassandra Pressman as Rachel Keller. In the next season, all of them are expected to reprise their roles.
Season 2 release date:-
For the coming season, the official premiere date has not yet been disclosed. In the latter half of 2020, we can expect the second season, according to our sources.
The Society Season 2 Plot:-
It is expected that teens will be discovered and many secrets will finally be uncovered. The watch would be worth the story of how they are going to be found and the repercussions waiting for them.
The Society Season 2 Cast:
• Jack Mulhern as Gareth “Grizz” Visser, a professional soccer player, thinker and the love interest of Sam.
• Spencer House as Clark, Gwen’s on-and-off boyfriend and a former foo.
• Emilio Garcia-Sanchez as Jason, a former soccer player and acquaintance of Eri.
• Salena Qureshi as Bean, a smart kid and best friend of Gordie’s.
• Olivia Nikkanen as Gwen, an on-and-off girlfriend of Clark’s.
• Kiara Pichardo as Madison, a neighbour of Olivia & Gwen.
• Grace Victoria Cox as Lexie, a rival of Allie.
• Naomi Oliver as Olivia, a classmate of Gwen & Madison.
• Golden Kelly Rose as Marnie.
• Rose Matisse as Jessica.
• Alicia Crowder as Erika, the girlfriend of Jason.
• As Blake Benjamin Breault.
• Damon J. Gillespie as Mickey, a housemate of Harry’s.
• Peter Donahue as Shoe, a member of the Guard later on.
• Greg Dewey as Seth Meriwether.
• Logan’s Madeline as Gretchen.
• As Zane Dante Rodrigues.
Any name or copyright material of a third party used in the article is for information purposes only. All the copyright information belongs to the owner and we do not have any kind of paid service.