What is icloud?
Icloud is a cloud storage facility provided by Apple Inc. it was launched in October 2011. Millions of people are enjoying this storage facility. Icloud enable user to store data such as documents, photos, music, etc. apple has eleven company supporting icloud services, and the company has six data centers in the USA. , Two in Denmark and three in Asia.
It is available for MAC, iOS and for a personal computer with windows. The idea and working of the cloud is just a dropbox and Google drive.
The unique feature of icloud is that you can transfer all the apps, documents, photos and music by your iPhone to iPad by your apple login id. By icloud you can use the feature of Find my iPhone/iPad/MacBook by which you can track down your device.
In spite of its various advantages, there are few disadvantages of using icloud;
The service of My photostream can cause a mess. As you login to another apple device, all your media and document will be uploaded to the internet that can violet the privacy of the person and can put you in an awkward situation.
iCloud Drive allows you to save photos, videos, documents, music, and app data to iCloud. Not only does it allow you to store all of your stuff in one place, but it allows you to access all of your files and data from your iOS device, Windows PC and Mack, then keep those files and folders up so far across all of your devices. iCloud Drive also works with iCloud.com. you’ll use it to make, save, and share documents using Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. once you check-in for iCloud, you get 5 GB of free storage for Mail, Backup, iCloud Photo Library, and iCloud Drive. iCloud Drive is a component of iCloud – Apple’s cloud storage service that launched in 2011. It even allows you to make new files and folders from iCloud-enabled apps and work on an equivalent file across multiple apps.
iCloud for Windows
iCloud for Windows allows you to access your files on iCloud Drive, Photos, Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Tasks (with Outlook), and your Safari Bookmarks – you only got to log-in together with your Apple ID.
Account creating steps:
For creating icloud account you require either an iOS device, Mac, internet connection and compatible web browser.
1. Open your iOS device and go to settings.
2. Click on the sign to your iPhone.
3. Click on don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it.
4. Click on create apple ID.
5. Enter your date of birth.
6. Enter the password and all the step by step data that is asked.
7. After entering your phone number you will receive a verification code.
8. Verify your number and agree to terms and conditions.
9. Merge your data if you want to else click on don’t merge.
10. Open up settings and go to option icloud.
11. Select the data that you want to store on icloud.
12. Go back on clicking on icloud
13. Click on icloud keychain to save password and credit card information.
14. Go back by clicking on icloud on the left of the screen.
15. Switch on finding my iPhone and icloud backup.
16. Turn on icloud drive for future storage.
17. After these steps, you will be able to use your icloud account.