Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited his home state Gujarat on March 4 and 5 2019.
He launched several development projects, including the first phase of Ahmedabad Metro. He also launched a pension scheme for workers within the unorganized sector on Tuesday.
During the first leg of his two-day visit, he launched several development projects in Jannangar, Jaspur, and Ahmedabad on March 4, which also includes inauguration of the first phase of Ahmedabad Metro.
The Prime Minister also dedicated a 750-bed annex at Guru Gobind Singh hospital to the state in Jamnagar. He also will dedicate the Sauni irrigation project to the country and flag off Bandra-Jamnagar Humsafar Express.
Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the first phase of Ahmedabad Metro at the Vastral Gam Metro Station and may lay the inspiration stone for the second phase.
While the first phase of Ahmedabad Metro features a complete length of over 40 kilometers, including an underground a neighborhood of 6.5 kilometers, the second phase approved by the Union cabinet will have an entire length of over 28 kilometers.
Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Man Dhan Yojana
During the second time of the Gujarat visit, he visited Adalaj and Vectran. He launched Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Man Dhan Yojana which may provide a Rs 3,000 monthly pension to the workers in unorganized sector and domestic help.
In the interim budget, the NDA government has announced Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PM-SYM) scheme to form sure adulthood protection for unorganized workers whose monthly income is Rs 15,000 per month or less.
What is the pension scheme?
- The pension scheme is predicted to profit over 10 crore workers within the unorganized sector.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched three pension schemes for the unorganized sector. Farmers, traders, and workers will enjoy these pension schemes.
- Among them, registration in PM-Shramayogi Mahadhan Yojana (Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Man-Dhan) is that the highest.
- As of August 3, 44,27,264 people have joined. While the farmers’ plan has half its people joined.
- As soon as they reach the age of 60, farmers will get a pension of Rs 3,000 per month. If the beneficiary receives a pension and dies, 50% of the quantity is going to be given to his spouse as a pension.
- A contribution matching the age-specific contribution of the beneficiary is getting to be made by the Central Government.
It is expected that a minimum of ten crore workers within the unorganized sector will avail the advantage of Pradhan Mantri Shram-Yogi Maandhan within the next five years.
About half India’s GDP comes from over forty crore workers within the unorganized sector, mostly working as street vendors, rickshaw pullers, construction workers, rag pickers, agricultural workers, beedi workers, handloom, leather and various other similar occupations.
The PM-SYM in conjunction with the health coverage provided under ‘Ayushman Bharat’ and life & disability coverage provided under ‘Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana’ and ‘Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, will ensure comprehensive Social Security coverage for the workers within the unorganized sector at their adulthood.
How to apply?
Documents that we need for enrollment are:
- Mobile number with Aadhaar card,
- savings or Jan Dhan account and IFSC number.
- The age for registration under this might be from 18 to 40 years.
- you’ll register at the closest General Service Center (CSC).
Who all will get the benefit?
- Household servants, drivers, plumbers, cobblers, tailors, rickshaw pullers, laundresses, and farm laborers are getting to be able to take advantage of this.
- The premium is getting to be Rs 55 to Rs 200 relying on the age. the govt. will add that much money.